We are delighted that our latest Ofsted report (March 2016) reassessed us as outstanding.
Summary of key findings for parents and pupils:
• Pupils consistently attain high results. In 2015, all pupils in Year 6 made expected progress in reading, writing and mathematics.
• Pupils make a flying start to their education in the Reception year. They leave well prepared for secondary schools locally.
• Leaders ensure that the few pupils who experience potential barriers to learning are supported effectively. Disadvantaged pupils do as well as their classmates.
• Leaders know all the pupils well and what each one knows, understands and can do.
• Teachers plan their lessons carefully, making sure that any gaps in knowledge or skills are addressed quickly. The teaching of mathematics is particularly impressive.
• Leaders manage the idyllic site carefully so that teachers can make the most of the limited space.
• Leaders are preparing admirably for the move to the long-awaited new building elsewhere in the village.
• Pupils feel safe and happy at the school. The vast majority of parents are enthusiastic in their support for the school. They believe it serves their children extremely well.
• Pupils’ behaviour is exceptional. They cope well with the existing, cramped conditions and cooperate with each other and adults magnificently.
• Pupils’ attendance is well above the national average and has been for a long time. Pupils enjoy coming to school. They say their lessons are fun and exciting.
• Pupils benefit from a wide range of extracurricular activities. Over three quarters told inspectors that they participate in clubs.
• The school makes an outstanding contribution to pupils’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development. It prepares them well for life in modern, diverse Britain and gives them a firm understanding of its Christian heritage.
• Governors support the school with rigour and precision. They have a wide range of skills which they volunteer in the service of the pupils.
• Leaders are working to ensure that the excellence of the school’s work in English and mathematics extends to all subjects, especially as the new National Curriculum comes into being.
Click here to link to Parent View